There are many ways to stay up to date on all that’s going on in the ever changing, super dynamic design world, one of the best ways though is to follow the right Twitter accounts.
The list below include what we feel are 50 of the best ones that every designer should follow, or at least know to check up on their tweets once in a while. In no particular order.
1. Tina Roth Eisenberg @swissmiss (410K followers)
I believe in labors of love. Mine are
@creativemorning, @tattly, @teuxdeux, @friendsworkhere.
Here’s my story:
“Your work is your own private megaphone to tell the world what you believe.” – @simonsinek
â Tina Roth Eisenberg (@swissmiss) January 28, 2015
2. Jacob Cass @justcreative (71.4K followers)
Graphic Designer, Logo Designer, Web Designer, Blogger,
Creative Thinker, Social Media Nut, Freelancer, Link Sharer.
3. David Airey @DavidAirey (46.6K followers)
graphic designer, following these fine folk:
â David Airey (@DavidAirey) January 15, 2015
4. Design Instruct @designinstruct (53.2K followers)
Design Instruct is a site that publishes articles, tutorials, freebies
and news for designers.
5. Creative Bloq @CreativeBloq (98.4K followers)
Daily design tips and inspiration.
â Creative Bloq (@CreativeBloq) January 31, 2015
6. Jeffrey Zeldman @zeldman (336K followers)
Founder, Happy Cog studios. Author, Designing With Web
Standards. Publisher, A List Apart, A Book Apart.
Co-founder, An Event Apart. Host, Big Web Show.
7. Chris Spooner @chrisspooner (82.3K followers)
The guy behindhttp://Blog.SpoonGraphics.co.uk , I like designing,
blogging and making pretty pictures
â Chris Spooner (@chrisspooner) January 23, 2015
8. Luke Wroblewski @lukew (112K followers)
Humanizing technology. Founded: Polar (Google acquired) Bagcheck
(Twitter acquired) Wrote: Mobile First, Web Form Design, Site Seeing.
Worked: Yahoo, eBay, NCSA
9. Six Revisions @sixrevisions (63,328 followers)
Six Revisions is a website that publishes practical and useful articles
for designers and web developers
10. Smashing Magazine @smashingmag (864K followers)
Vitaly Friedman, editor-in-chief of Smashing Magazine, an online magazine
for professional Web designers and developers.
11. Print Magazine @printmag (655K followers)
Dedicated to graphic design, technology, culture, and how it all
12. Eye Magazine @eyemagazine (691K followers)
From the desk and devices of Eye editor John L. Walters. Eye 89 out now!
13. Designmodo @designmodo (244K followers)
Web Design and Development Magazine. We provide design,
web development, premium products, quality freebies.
â Designmodo (@Designmodo) January 28, 2015
14. UX Magazine @uxmag (112K followers)
Defining and informing the complex field of user experience
(UX) through frequent publication of high-quality articles
for experts and newcomers alike.
15. Julieanne Kost @julieannekost (35.9K followers)
â Julieanne Kost (@julieannekost) January 30, 2015
16. COLOURlovers @colourlovers (1.31M followers)
Color + Design Community | Creator of the Twitter Profile
17. Creative Review @CreativeReview (1.05M followers)
â Creative Review (@CreativeReview) January 30, 2015
18. Behance @Behance (662K followers)
Use Behance to showcase and discover creative work. We’re on a mission
to empower the creative world to make ideas happen.
19. Dribbble @dribbble (117K followers)
What are you working on?
Congratulations, Dribbblers! Youâve uploaded over 300 BILLION pixels.
Thanks for sharing your amazing creations. pic.twitter.com/NbCmxF2AQS
â Dribbble (@dribbble) January 23, 2015
20. Designspiration @Designspiration (53.9K followers)
Designspiration is a resource to help you discover and share great design
21. Aral Balkan @ (30.3K followers)
Google and Facebook spy on you. Help us create alternatives that don’t.
Independence Democracy Design
â Aral Balkan (@aral) January 31, 2015
22. Brad Frost @brad_frost (51.5K followers)
Work hard. Don’t be an asshole. Share what you know. â Brad Frost (@brad_frost) March 31, 2014
23. Dan Cederholm @simplebits (86.9K followers)
Co-Founder of Dribbble. Designer, author & speaker at SimpleBits.
Cautious adventurer. Dad in real life. Likes banjos & ampersands.
The most crystal-clear image of space ever taken: http://t.co/8bDll7w942
â Dan Cederholm (@simplebits) January 23, 2015
24. Awwwards @awwwards (71.5K followers)
25. A List Apart @alistapart (122K followers)
Since 1998, the design magazine for people who make websites.
â A List Apart (@alistapart) January 21, 2015
26. Aarron Walter @aarron (32.5K followers)
27. Abduzeedo @abduzeedo (247K followers)
Abducted by design
Behind the UI/UX of Medium http://t.co/4QYSMV0w8p
â Abduzeedo (@abduzeedo) January 31, 2015
28. Co.Design @FastCoDesign (334K followers)
Welcome to Fast Company’s Co.Design, where business and design collide.
29. CSSLight @CSSLight (52.2K followers)
CSS Light is a stunning platform to showcase and promote new talents
and trends in the world of designing. Free Submit Your Site !!!
â CSSLight (@CSSLight) January 30, 2015
30. Design Milk @designmilk (870K followers)
Design Milk is a website dedicated to modern design founded
@JaimeDerringer. This is the official Design Milk Twitter account run by Jaime. Hi!
31. frog design @frogdesign (497K followers)
frog is a global product strategy and design firm. Tweets curated by
â frog design (@frogdesign) January 28, 2015
32. HOW Design @HOWbrand (137K followers)
HOW helps designers, wherever they work, be more creative,
more inspired & more successful. HOW can we help you?
33. Huge @hugeinc (46.8K followers)
Make something you love.
Salon has a full-time troll babysitter to keep its comments section civil. http://t.co/nUoCE5sR1N
â Huge (@hugeinc) January 30, 2015
34. InVision @InVisionApp (26.1K followers)
Prototyping Collaboration & Workflow for Designers.
Signup FREE at http://www.InVisionApp.com
35. Jesse James Garrett @jjg (17K followers)
User experience designer. Co-founded Adaptive Path.
Wrote The Elements of User Experience. Blogged before blogging.
Something Ajax something something.
This is a good moment to remember that we canât always tell, from the outside, the reasons people make different choices from our own.
â Jesse James Garrett (@jjg) January 16, 2015
36. UX Booth @UXBooth (55.2K followers)
37. net magazine @netmag (75.4K followers)
The No 1 magazine for web designers & developers.
The voice of web design. Established in 1994.
We also run the Generate conference & the annual
â net magazine (@netmag) January 29, 2015
38. Pentagram Design @pentagram (184K followers)
The world’s largest independent design consultancy.
39. Speckyboy @speckyboy (64.1K followers)
Speckyboy is an online magazine for web designers with its
focus on highlighting resources, exploring new techniques, and inspiring.
Examples of Animation in Web Design http://t.co/SjxxcMj5E2
Speckyboy (@speckyboy) January 31, 2015
40. TAXI @designtaxi (398K followers)
Design, Art, Photography, Technology, Pop culture.
Journaling ideas since 2003. Best 140 Twitter Feeds – TIME
41. Twitter Design @design (1.44M followers)
The voice of Twitter’s product design and research team.
Current members are listed athttp://twitter.com/design/team/members â¦
â Twitter Design (@design) January 30, 2015
42. UX How @UXHow (43.4K followers)
Troy Parke. UX How: User Experience & Product Design âHow To Articles,
Insights and UX Inspiration. Assoc. UX Design Director at Disney
43. Web Design Ledger @webdesignledger (149K followers)
The Web Design Ledger is a publication written by web designers for web designers.
â Web Design Ledger (@webdesignledger) January 29, 2015
44. Webdesigner Depot @DesignerDepot (715K followers)
Webdesigner Depot is one of the most popular blogs about web design trends,
tutorials and much more. It’s run by Walter Apai, a web designer from Vancouver.
45. Webdesigntuts+ @wdtuts (112K followers)
Tutorials, articles, tips and community for web designers.
â Webdesigntuts+ (@wdtuts) January 29, 2015
46. Codrops @codrops (108K followers)
Codrops is dedicated to provide useful tutorials, insightful articles,
creative inspiration and free resources for web designers and developers.
47. Grace Smith @gracesmith (20.1K followers)
Seasoned Freelance Designer residing at @Postscript5,
Photographer and Design contributor to @Mashable
10 yrs ago IE accounted for 84% browser usage, now it’s just 10% (according to W3Schools). Incredible to think about the webs advancement!
â Grace Smith (@gracesmith) February 17, 2014
48. Jason Santa Maria @jasonsantamaria (353K followers)
Designer by day, designer by night.
49. Mike Lane @mlane (32K followers)
Product Designer with 20 years design experience, specializing
in creative UX for mobile, web and emerging technologies.
Delivering The Best User Experience With Your Navigation http://t.co/fxqzbODb1t
â Mike Lane (@mlane) February 2, 2015
50. Muzli@usemuzli (1250 followers)
Muzli is a Google Chrome extension that provides quick access to
all thatâs hot,new and simply awesome stuff in the design & tech web scene.
Now you! What are your Twitter design nuggets?
Muzli is a new-tab chrome extension, it will replace your default tab, it will become your home page, so you donât miss anything.